Friday, April 1, 2011

THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS – SPRING IN TEXAS


I found myself traveling to College Station for the second time in as many weeks.  This time, instead of a $100 hamburger, I was going to take the Civil Air Patrol’s Corporate Learning Course.  One of my fellow participants is originally and recently from Ohio where their friends tell them it is still snowing.

Here in Texas frost and snow are fading memories (if that) and green is the color of the landscape.  While summer here is as brutally hot as the Ohio winter is bitter cold, spring is incomparable.  While driving along I was regaled with a rainbow of fresh colors as everything from carefully managed azaleas to wild wisteria bloomed in profusion.  Thankfully I’m immune to the ravages of pollen, so I enjoyed their symphony of scents as I motored south along highway 59 with both windows wide open to the breeze.

I could write volumes about the floral beauty I encountered, but since a pictures is worth a thousand words, I’ll use those instead.  Enjoy the following montage of spring flowers courtesy of God’s creation and the people of great state of Texas!





Also, some of these beauties are also nasties!  How many can you identify as non-native invasive plant species?  If you need some help, check out http://www.texasinvasives.org/  More on this subject later!

No comments:

Post a Comment